RebeccaBuckleyTravels

Friday, September 14, 2012

GRAND CIRCLE TO CHINA - 2015!


Okay. Just found out that Grand Circle Tours has exactly what I want.  It’s less expensive than the company mentioned in the previous post below, and includes Hong Kong, don't have to pay extra and plan that segment myself.  Terrific!  It’s around $1500 less going with GCT.   Perfect!  I'm excited! 

Here’s the itinerary:

Day 1 – Depart Phoenix
Day 2 – Arrive in Beijing, China
Day 3 – BEIJING: Forbidden City/Beijing’s Hidden Lanes
Day 4 – BEIJING: Temple of Heaven/Summer Palace
Day 5 – BEIJING: Cloisonne Factory/Great Wall & Ming Tombs
Day 6 – BEIJING: A.M.- leisure for me (my choice) P.M – depart for SHANGHAI (air)
Day 7 – SHANGHAI: day of leisure for me (my choice)
Day 8 -  SHANGHAI: day of leisure for me (my choice)
Day 9 – SHANGHAI: day of leisure for me (my choice)
Day 10 – Depart Shanghai:  FLY to Wuhan,  5-hour BUS to Yichang, BOARD Victoria River Ship
Day 11 – YANGTSE RIVER CRUISE: Tour Three Gorges Dam /Xiling Gorge
Day 12 – YANGTSE RIVER CRUISE: Side Excursions: Wu Gorge/Daning River or  Qutang Gorge
Day 13 – YANGTSE RIVER CRUISE: Side Excursion: Fengdu, local family, then back to cruising
Day 14 – Disembark at CHONGQUING – A.M. tour /Museum & Panda visit   P.M. - FLY TO XIAN
Day 15 – XIAN:  A.M. - Terra Cotta Army    P.M. - afternoon of leisure for me (my choice)
Day 16 – XIAN: Lacquerware factory/Wild Goose Pagoda/Xian Walls    P.M. - FLY TO GUILIN
Day 17 – GUILIN:  Shan Tea Garden Lunch/P.M. Western Dinner.
Day 18 – GUILIN:  Li River Cruise    P.M. - FLY TO HONG KONG
Day 19 – HONG KONG:  A.M. - City Tour incl. Star Ferry (Kowloon and HK)  P.M. - leisure time.
Day 20 – HONG KONG: Day of Leisure
Day 21 – Return to U.S. 

There you have it!  This trip I'm really looking forward to.   Must work hard between now and then, though. Lots to do in a year's time before the journey.  And I'm already thinking of the novel I'll be writing, set in China.  

No comments:

Post a Comment