RebeccaBuckleyTravels

Monday, February 24, 2014

COMING IN MARCH!!! TALES OF ENGLAND AND FRANCE

Trip coming up in March ... am counting the days and there aren't many left till then.  Will be leaving on the 13th, my dad's birthday.  If he were alive, I'd take him with me, and it wouldn't take much coaxing, he loved to travel too.

Okay here's my itinerary ...

Leaving for London on March 13 ...

I'll spend several days in Weymouth, Dorset at my dear friends' B&B before going to Newbury and staying at an old coach inn (near Downton Abbey) for a couple days.  Yes, I'm going to Downton Abbey (Highclere Castle) and I'm excited about that. It's closed for the season, but I hope to nose around and learn some neat stuff about the people and places.  Then it's back to Weymouth for a few more days. While I'm in Weymouth I'll be visiting my favorite villages nearby ... Abbotsbury and Dorcester ... and will go to some of my favorite inns and pubs and a few I haven't been to yet - fun fun.

THEN ... I'll take the Condor Ferry across the Channel to St. Malo, France and will stay there for a few days exploring the ancient town before going to Paris for the last week of my trip.  My accommodation in Paris is right smack dab in-between the St. Germain District and the Latin Quarter ... I am thrilled about that ... right near the river Seine across from the Louvre and the Ile de la Cite and Notre Dame.  I am going to do nothing but write and sip coffee and wine in the outdoor cafes and famous gardens and squares in Paris. Well, I might eat some bread and cheese and have some other Parisian delicacies too. Oh yes.    

SO ... watch for the daily journal and photos I'll be posting here starting on March 14 ...



No comments:

Post a Comment