RebeccaBuckleyTravels

Monday, October 17, 2011

MONDAY, TUESDAY ... BAM! Off to the races!

Check! Check! Check! Checking off the to do list and the to purchase list before leaving 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday ... excitment abounds, I can tell you that right now!

But there is a feeling of trepidation creeping in ... it's my babies ... my Princie, Albee, and Oreo. Always this happens leading up to the departure. I start worrying about them, wondering how they're going to deal with their mama away. I mean like they aren't human, they probably won't miss me once I'm out of sight. M.L. is a good auntie to them, they know her and trust her. I think it's just me that will have the problem. I've been away longer than this trip will be, and they've been just fine. Okay, feeling, get thee hence!

My carry-on bag and the check-in bag are both zipped and ready to go. I don't have to open them again until I arrive at our first destination in Dorset. Trish is still packing, didn't start till yesterday. Because I packed early it's given me all this crucial time to catch up with business and personal tasks and make sure I'm on top of things till November when I return.

Today, I sent out the RJBP newsletter, yesterday updated all the websites, posted on the blogs, sent out book orders ... so I'm feeling good. One last task, getting HOLLOWING SCREAMS to the author for one last look-see before I send it to the wholesaler tomorrow afternoon. Book release on October 31. Just in time. Hooray!!!!

Okay, tonight I'm going to relax and think good trip thoughts, pet my babies, maybe watch a good movie if I can find one I haven't already seen, and then soak in a perfumed bath before going to bed. Maybe have a glass of wine for relaxing too.

Tomorrow is my last chance to remember things I've forgotten to do before leaving the country. But, that's a bonus, I usually don't have a full day to spare, planned it better this time.

Ciao for now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment